Sunday, May 20, 2007

FROM WAY ACROSS THE POND







From: andrew.zimbler@btopenworld.com
Subject: Re: Note of Appreciation
Date: September 15, 2006 5:30:31 PM EDT
To: fodor@co.somerset.nj.us
Cc: synjam@mac.com

Dear Det. Fodor,

Last Friday, you kindly saw my colleague and friend, Ms Cindy Jampel, and me
when, at my insistence and totally without any appointment, I brought her to
your office to report her fears resulting from the continued threats and
harassment to which she had been subjected for some considerable time.

Although you were clearly extremely busy and would have had every right to
have declined to see us, you kindly, efficiently and courteously both
afforded us your time and then proceeded to offer advice which was both
gratefully received and immediately acted upon.

I am sending this message, a copy of which has been sent to Ms Jampel, to
both thank you most sincerely, man to man, for your exemplary behaviour and
also to ask that, if protocol permits, you forward a copy to your most
senior colleagues as I feel that they should be aware of what a credit you
are to your office.

Ms Jampel has informed me that your colleague, Det. John Burke at your
office, has also been extremely attentive and considerate.

As she is intending to file a strong complaint against Robert Franco with
the ethics committee within the next week, she is particularly appreciative
of the continued support of both of you.

Being a visitor to your country and unaware of the correct procedures, I
felt that it could have been incorrect for me to furnish a copy of this to
your bosses without first checking with you.

However, with your permission, it is my intention to discuss your
outstanding conduct when I have a meeting next week with another of my
associates who holds a very senior security position with the British
Government.

Sir, it was a great honour making your acquaintance, albeit under
challenging circumstances, and I would hope that our paths may cross in the
future in a more relaxed and informal manner.

Yours truly,

Andrew M. Zimbler F.C.A.

No comments: